« Home | Uphook update #6 » | Uphook update #5 » | Uphook update #4 » | Uphook update #3 » | Uphook update #2 » | Front Ended » | Uphook update » | It has begun » | It's...Inevitable » | Keepin' It Simple » 

Thursday, March 23, 2006 

Uphook update #7

void main()
{

Yes, I know it's been almost 2 months since I last posted about Uphook. We have good news though. We're about 90% done. Thats right, you heard it. Design, implementation, and everything.

Suprisingly the design itself wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. I also came up with several additions and modifications to the site that I think will help it stand out better. You can see those in the final product when it's released.

I haven't attempted to create any kind of hype about Uphook. I think this blog is the only place I've even really mentioned any details. I feel like a good site can market itself to an extent. When I finally do release the site to the public, I will probably do more to get it noticed. There doesn't seem to be many advantages in trying to market something that doesn't exist yet.

Also, this site has been my personal project—no one else has helped. Period. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against working with other people. However, I believe that the best (and fastest) way for me to make this idea a reality was to go at it myself. I don't have to worry about paying someone to help design, or bumping heads on ideas this way. Maybe by working with other people I would get better ideas overall. And maybe I wouldn’t.

But I know for a fact that I can knock it out myself if I stay focused. Not only that, but the design and implementation would almost HAVE to be simple simply because I'm the only person working on everything, and I DO have a day job. The good thing is that simplicity is a GOOD thing.

Uphook will have no needless features. And it will (hopefully) be very streamlined and easy (intuitive) for users to work with. It is not my intention to create the next BIG thing. This site is just the first of many side projects I will do to challenge myself, and possibly provide a cool tool/service that is a good alternative to what is already out there. Either way, it has been a good learning experience.

Keep an eye out for Uphook in the next few weeks.

}